Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring: Training plan

My winter training plan worked out pretty well. Here's my slightly modified spring plan.

Continue Tai Chi on Tues/Sun each week
Take on the 100 Push-ups challenge (10 minutes, 3 times a week= 30 minutes a week, for 6 weeks)
Bike my daughter to preschool 2 times a week, each way (8 miles total each day)
Swim once a week with Boulder Aquatic Masters for training

If I can do more, I'd like to add the 200 Squats Challenge, the 200 Sit-ups Challenge, the 25 Pull-ups Challenge, another day of swimming, and some hiking with the family, plus biking to run more errands. I hope to borrow a road bike and practice on it some to use in my June duathlon race.

I've picked things that are easy to fit into my family's life right now. The swimming I'll do early, making tai chi the only activity that impacts anyone else. The kids love biking, and the push-ups etc I can to before bed or other mornings on the sly. Heck, they can watch me do those- it's only 10 minutes to go through the sets.

Maybe you've noticed that paddling still isn't on the radar yet. Right now, I just want to get in really good shape. There's a boat swap April 10th that I'll attend to see if there's a good match for me (meaning an expedition kayak that I can afford). Paddling will come into play more this summer, I hope, with my goal being to learn perfect form, rather than clocking lots of hours. I don't want to practice something incorrectly and then have to undo the muscle memory of poor form. So this spring and summer I'll get strong and learn proper technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment