Monday, March 1, 2010

Letter to Self

Dear me,

Parenting infants, toddlers, and preschoolers is insane, any way you cut the cake. Nothing is predictable, safe, normal, routine, nothing can be taken for granted, and the sleep is never guaranteed. Why am I writing this letter to myself? Because I am astounded at how hard this is, and how much of this I forgot in the two years between kids. So I know I'll forget even more as the years pass. If my kids ever have kids and I'm around, I hope I'll read the letters I write myself to keep my bafflement in check. Now if I could just find time to write the reminder-letters....

I swear, after doing this, ANY job will feel easy by comparison. Unreasonable coworkers? Can't be worse than a tired toddler. Strong ability to not react when people say or do stupid things? Got that. Aware of own boundaries of productivity? Absolutely. The difference now is that I don't get to take breaks, vacations, or quit. Hahahahhaa.

You guessed it- no sleep again last night... AGAIN. What's up with that? Looks like I won't get to finish reading my books to review for this month, although I'll share my thoughts on them anyway (it's not like I'm missing the plot- they're cookbooks, after all). I'll at least post my exercise log, since I'm proud that it has anything on it at all this month. So there will be at least two more posts this week.

Sorry for neglecting you. I think about you often, little blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment