Saturday, January 9, 2010

Watertribe: Where it all began

WaterTribe 

As far as blogs go, this is my foundation from which I will sally forth into the information overload of the internet. From what I can tell, Watertribe is the hosting organization for many endurance paddling races, and the Ultimate Florida Challenge is the brainchild of its founder. His blog is a mine of useful ideas and facts.

I just joined the Watertribe community under the handle "HappyCrab" which was my Dad's handle as a fisherman and avid boatman/water enthusiast.

From this site, I've found another site that has me salivating. This fellow Marek Uliasz has a cornucopia of links, posts, and guest articles that I will feast on all month and probably longer. Mmm! The nice thing is that he appears to be local. He has posts about many of the rivers, lakes and reservoirs around Colorado and neighboring states, races to be found nearby, training tips, and gear reports.

And from his site I found This great link! Super articles and links- I could lose myself in this site for hours. And another! This last one, Paddling.net, has gear reviews that I'll enjoy reading, plus much more. Holiday feasts are over? January is looking rich to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment