Thursday, January 21, 2010

Falling over

Okay, I confess: things aren't working as smoothly as I'd hoped.

For starters, I'm exhausted all the time. When I first start working out, I'm tired, but I manage to push through that and get into a groove. Then I feel really great afterward. By that evening or the next day, I'm exhausted. I increased my food intake a week ago, but it's not improving the situation. I'm getting about 7 hours of sleep, with a couple baby nursings mixed in.

I'm going to try to add an hour to my sleep, and start paying greater attention to my food intake. I might do some research and see if anybody out there can recommend what I should be taking in while nursing and exercising like this. That combo is tough.

We've also discovered that my kids are not as cool with the evening exercise as I'd thought. It messes with bedtime rituals too much, which are crucial for toddlers, and the baby screamed and cried the whole time I was gone Tuesday night. Poor hubby. So now I have to change things up a bit.

Fortunately, my classes are all in the early mornings, and I can schedule the Pilates private sessions for weekends. That leaves Rec Center training sessions, which I can add whenever the grandparents are available to take both kids (Wednesdays) and on other mornings if I can get up early enough.

So I have to move to stealth exercise for now. I love early morning exercise, but it leaves me pooped by early evening when I'm chasing the kids around. It's the only time I can do it with the family right now, though, so I'll just have to tough it out for a while and see if my body doesn't adjust.

No comments:

Post a Comment