Monday, January 18, 2010

I must geek out for a minute

I just found a web site that has me so excited! It greatly appeals to the organizer/geek in me who likes to note details and be able to review things. It tracks your workouts, nutrition, and way more things than I can keep track of: https://www.trainingpeaks.com

I went to my first triathlon training session for women (the beginner's group) last Friday at the local Rec Center and was delighted to meet 9 other women who all want to start doing tri's. We swam, and I was pleased to find myself keeping up. Considering I just learned how to properly do the crawl this year, it is really comforting to be among peers.

Our coach is Amanda McCracken, and she just sent us our link to the above-mentioned site and our workout assignment for the week. I'm supposed to try to jog for 20-40 minutes, swim for 30 minutes continuously, and bike for 60-70 minutes, all over the course of the next three days. Hmm. Let's see what I can do...

1 comment:

  1. Gahhhh. Well, it's a cool website, but once you sign up for the free services, you realize that they don't let you enter *future* workouts for planning unless you pay through the nose. You can only enter today's workout or update previous ones. That's lame. :(

    ReplyDelete