Thursday, December 10, 2009

Forging New Habits

For December I’m just trying to create new habits. Monday night I did 10 minutes on an eliptical machine, then another 15 minutes of leg weights. Then I stretched for a bit. All in all, maybe not quite an hour, but a nice wake-up call (followed by hot tub and steam room time, haHA!). I figure if I start off easy, I'm less likely to hurt myself.

If I can start the habit of going to work out, the content of the workout can change over time. That’s really what December is all about for me: learning to carve time out of my family life for myself. And really, it’s for them, too- after all, a happier, healthier me means a happier mama and wife.

I know this goal seems really basic, but it's huge in context: until recently, I haven't even been able to feel like I could plan on showering regularly with a newborn and a toddler. So to be able to make a HABIT of caring for myself by means of exercise is huge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment