Saturday, August 27, 2011

Getting in Gear

Labor day looms ahead of me, a sorry day indeed. The reservoirs close until next season, leaving me dry, dry dry.

I didn't make it out a single day. Amazing.

I would have never guessed our summer would shape up like this if you had asked me back in April. I'm excited, though. Yep. Here's why:


I BIKED TO THE TOP OF NCAR!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA. Okay, so this won't mean anything to you out-of-towners, but it's a big hill for a cycling weanie like me. And it's fairly steep. And I ride a mountain bike since road bikes are as costly as my dream race-boat. I am a happy camper. I don't usually post pictures, but this made me really happy. I'd also like to thank Kerry for accompanying me, and Zane, for his overall influence on my lifestyle. (See those saddle-bags, Zane? They are much loved! woohoo!)

And it's my new workout lover. I shall climb this hill, near my house, at least once a week from now on. I'd like to make it my pre-skiing substitute, and start getting up to ride at 6am a few mornings a week. I have a second similar hill not too far away, and if I can alternate, I'll be getting a nice workout. Then once the snow arrives, I'll be skate skiing in the mornings.

Happily, the biking will continue: now both kids go to preschool, but at different times. I now have 6 opportunities to ride 5 miles round trip just for that. So I'm hoping to ride 20-25 miles a week right there (can't do it every time due to schedule constraints), plus other errands. I might not be paddling, but I'm improving my overall fitness still.

Add to that the tai chi (starting that back up today YAY!) and the farming, and I'm feeling good. Oh, and with our first litter of baby bunnies even the poo-cleaning chores feel more fun. Maybe I can make this work still, even with my husband's crazy work schedule. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! It makes me so happy that my old bags are living on and getting good use around town. Thanks for the picture :)

    ReplyDelete