Saturday, June 12, 2010

Jetlag Bites

I should rename this blog, "Sleep-deprived living".

There's a four-hour time difference between home and Kauai. It didn't bother us going out- just made for one longer day. Returning home was a different story.

We took the Red-eye special home so the kids could sleep on the plane, but I had my one year old son on my lap the whole way. I don't sleep well on planes to begin with, so I didn't at all while holding him. So we start the week with pulling an all-nighter. Yay.

Then the jet-lag hit. Every couple of nights, we've gotten a decent sleep (7 hours or so), but mostly it's been awful. My son couldn't get to sleep before 2am. The whole first week, he was up late, although progressively it has gotten better: 1am, midnight, 11pm... finally for the last couple of nights he went down at 9. Did I mention it's been 12 days of adjusting? Then there's my daughter. She's been up at her usual 6:30/7. So the sleep dep has been excruciating. 

But I'm used to that, right? It seems like once a month, I have a heinous week or two that leave me a mess. Then I have a week or two of regaining my sanity. And I'm supposed to be training through all of this, right? Not happening.

Any suggestions? I need to get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment