Saturday, April 21, 2012

Thank you, spidennis!

A reader brought a nice fact to my attention. This really makes my day. I hadn't been able to check the Watertribe website for some time, but I just did.

The next Ultimate Florida Challenge is scheduled for 2016.

That's two years later than I had been expecting.
I have NO CHOICE but to wait almost four more years.

I cannot describe the relief, the happy smile. I am giddy.

The year that has passed with so many personal challenges and no exercise has been returned to me, doubled. Wow.

Instead of being hopelessly behind, I now think I have a chance at making it. I can train properly, feel responsibly prepared, and my kids will be ages 7 and 9, so they will be better able to understand and support my efforts, and tolerate me being gone for a month.

The universe is kind.

Now I shall relish slowing down more as is needed, and put more trust in the rhythms of life to get me where I need to be. Kind of like floating down a river. :) Time to enjoy the scenery rather than paddling like mad in every direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment