Saturday, June 4, 2011

Things in my life I FORGOT to mention

Oh, haha! So, we have a farm for a yard now. And I'm not kidding.

Since March, we have constructed- with our own hands- two bunny barns, I've laid a scavenged flagstone walkway to service them, I've dug out grass and put in 2 raised garden beds, I've filled in mud patches with the dug-out sod, and I'm now building (by myself) a chicken coop! My husband was able to help with the initial bunny barns, but with this new job, he hasn't been available. So I've done the rest of this stuff, with a little help on the initial framing of the coop and chicken run.

We have 4 rabbits we are raising to breed for meat, so I will eventually be caring for up to 20 rabbits at a time. We also now have 6 chickens for eggs. And I have a vegetable garden to tend to, berry bushes, herbs, and 2 cats to keep the rodents away.

All of this is tightly organized on less than a 1/4 acre of city land, with our little ranch-style brick house in the middle.

Plus the two kids, now 2 and 4 years old.

Did I say farm? I meant circus.

1 comment:

  1. You are a busy, busy mama, that's for sure!

    Hey, want to split a babysitter some weekday morning for a couple of hours and go for a bike ride? I can help with the farm chores while we wait for the babysitter to get there...

    ReplyDelete