Monday, September 6, 2010

My lameness is not my imagination

Ahhh, a week with 3 nights of improved sleep! What a difference!

There are studies- I shall try to find them and site them for reference- showing that your strength declines in relation to the quantity of sleep you lose over time. I experience this firsthand. For the past few months, my children became heavier and heavier, the small kitchen appliances heavy and unwieldy (I'm talking the BLENDER, folks!) and I became unable to exert myself for simple hikes or bike rides.

Then, I got me some sleep! Only a few nights in a row of 1 REM cycle a night, and suddenly my children weren't heavy any more, the appliances were laughably easy to lift, and this week I managed 3 bike rides of just under an hour, pulling between 35 and 65 pounds in a kiddy trailer behind me. I credit this to sleep!

Why? Why not credit eating better (new energy to actually cook due to sleep, too)? Well, because the last two nights, I got NO sleep (two, 2-hour naps and lots of laying there, wishing the baby would settle down) and this morning, I could barely life the little guy out of the highchair again. *sigh*

And so it goes.

Po tee weet

No comments:

Post a Comment