Saturday, May 15, 2010

April Exercise Log

Ooooo boy. I didn't keep my journal this past month. I don't think I like the old format anyway, so I'll try something new. Let me know which format you like better!

I don't think I can recall everything, and there were another 2 weeks of extreme fatigue from sleep deprivation/nourishment issues. My almost-toddler son, now 11 months, won't eat solids for me, and I don't do formula, so he's nursing still. He's thriving- 22 pounds and walking everywhere- but I am still trying to find the balance for what I need to sustain him AND myself while working out. And he stopped sleeping after 1am for 5 days. I'm so tired from the past couple of nights (week 2 of bad sleep) that I'm not safe to drive... again. *sigh*

So!

Tai Chi: 16 hours
Biking: 2 short rides, maybe 3 miles total; 1 long ride, 10 miles or so (pulling 60 lbs of trailer w/2 kids)
Swimming: quarter mile in 10 minutes one time
Push-ups: 60 (I'll be doing these regularly and more of them. good exercise)
Squats: 400 (I'm going to start modifying these to be more applicable to tai chi)
Sit-ups: 460 (insanely boring. Must find something better. I stopped bothering after a couple days)

As I type this, it's late May and I'm doing better on every level. April was so bad. I survived, though, recovered in early May, and have a good plan for this summer, so I'm not worried. My May exercise is better- I'll post it at the beginning of June.

We've had a really wet spring, so I expect to bike more starting in June, and if I get enough sleep I'd like to start paddling at 5am. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment