Monday, November 15, 2010

36 trips around the sun

I decided to follow a friend's cue and try to travel the same number of miles as trips around the sun for my birthday present to myself. I turned 36 on Thursday, so I decided to ride 36 miles this week.

If the weather had held, I had hoped to try to ride 60 miles in honor of my friend's 60th birthday, which was also this week. I still might try that for next week. Maybe it will become my default goal!

It wouldn't have been hard if the weather had held out a bit longer. I managed 14 miles Monday, then it snowed and rained for three days. Friday was sunny enough and the trails clear enough that I managed another 10.6 miles. Sat I tried to fit in the remaining 10 but only manages 7.2, so Sunday I rode to tai chi (7.2 miles) for a total of 39 miles this week.

Anyway, I couldn't help but notice that it's getting easier to make these rides and the distance seems shorter. I also noticed that tai chi felt much easier this Sunday- holding positions well was pleasant. Might I be finally starting to have my stamina improve?

No comments:

Post a Comment